Monday, September 27, 2010

Just Saying Hello

I recently discovered CASE Study - a challenge blog where the challenge is to make a card inspired by a particular card. Well I was certainly inspired by the inspirational card this week - it's a beauty. This is it:


And here is my card (which pales in comparison!):





Just saying hello


How serendipitous was it that I had just been playing around with my Twinkling H2os on this oil canvas paper? I love this paper as it has such a marvellous texture. The colour I was experimenting with - "Blue Zircon" - happens to be the same colour as the butterfly that Mariana coloured, but her butterfly is much, MUCH prettier than my flowers!
I stamped the flowers on top of the dried T.H2os with versacolor and left them overnight to dry. In the morning they still wasn't completely dry so I sprayed them with 2 coats of matte fixative to stop the ink from smudging/transferring. Next time I'll try versafine instead and see if that gives better results.

I stamped the background on the kraft using versamark ink. The trick I've found is to leave it pressed down for about 5 seconds. This seems to leave a much more defined 'watermark'.

And I have to say, this is the first truly Hero Arts card I've made for a long time! I took a bit of a hiatus there because I've been doing the digital thang alot lately, but every so often my meagre stash of Hero Arts stamps calls to me and I have to obey!

Size of card: C6 (A5 folded in half)

Supplies:
Card/paper - kraft cardstock, Quill black paper, Eraldo di Paolo Oil Sketch Pad
Stamps - Hero Arts "Blossoms", Hero Arts "Truly Appreciated"
Ink - Versacolor "Black", Versamark
Extra - Twinkling H2o "Blue Zircon"
Tools - Carl rotary trimmer, Helmar glue runner, scissors, Eraldo di Paolo matte fixative, paintbrush, Fiskars scallop punch


Challenge: CASE Study Challenge #7

Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

  1. So beautifully clean and simple, the blue flower is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so simple but it is beautiful. I looked at some of your other cards and I really like what I see. I am becoming a follower and would love for you to stop by my blog sometime..

    http://joynana-lovethatpaper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your card is really lovely and does the original one full justice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I love how you flipped it to horizontal. Thanks for the tip about the versamark, too!

    (ps-be sure to check out my "happiness" post from yesterday!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful, Jess! Knowing that you used Twinling H2O's for your background, I wish I could see how nicely it shimmers IRL! Thank you so much for playing with us this week!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card, Jess! I think you captured
    the contrast of Kraft and vibrant color that was
    in the inspiration card and your card is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your beautiful simple style, Jess! very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like the dash of blue and can appreciate how sparkly that must be to look at in person.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, Jess! Sorry for this delayed comment but I've finally found some time around blogland :D
    Love your take on that CASE study! I've also been admiring your blog - fabby creations, I just love 'em!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x
    P.S Thanks for the sweet comment over at mine! x x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!