I have such fun playing along with the CASE Study challenges! Here's my entry for this week, inspired by the lovely card by Barbara Anders.
And here's Barbara's card:
As you can see I didn't deviate from Barbara's layout too much. I stamped the background using the 'stamping off' method - inking up the stamps, stamping first onto scrap paper, and then onto the project. It was time-consuming but it gave me the muted look that I wanted. After I finished stamping I found that I didn't have a ribbon to match the green that I used (Olive Versacolor) so I used my Marine Green Prismacolor pencil to make the stems and leaves a bit darker and tend toward the yellower side of green.
After I added the vintage brass-toned brad to the centre of the tissue paper flower I realised that the background flowers needed the same treatment - so I got out my Dark Umber Prismacolor pencil and filled all of the centres in.
This was also my first foray in the world of Distress Ink. I think I have to learn to be a bit more free and easy with it though, as I put the tiniest little bit on my sponge and had to keep going back to the stamp pad.
Size of card: 6 x 4 (top folding)
Card/paper - Quill white cardstock, Bazzill cardstock "Pine Needle"
Stamps - Flower: Tiffanys - We R Memory Keepers, Stem: Basic Grey mini stamp set - Thanks, Hero Arts "Classic Sentiments"
Ink - Distress Ink "Old Paper", Versacolor cubes in Scarlet, Olive and Bamboo
Extra - Kaisercraft green grosgrain ribbon, Prismacolor pencil: Marine Green, Tissue Paper Flower [see tutorial here], Paper Studio brad.
Tools - Carl rotary trimmer, Helmar glue runner, scissors, glue dot, decorative scissors
Challenge: CASE Study Challenge No. 9
Thanks for looking!