Sunday, November 14, 2010

A new hand to hold...

Happy Sunday everyone! (well, not so happy because I have to go to work tomorrow, boo!)

I'm actually here to share this week's Sentimental Sundays challenge with you all, not to have a whinge I assure you ;) The theme for this week is 'childhood', and I have put a different spin on it because I need a baby card for a co-worker whose wife just had a little girl.


A new hand to hold...


I have combined challenges again because I couldn't resist the beautiful card by Heather Pulvirenti, this month's muse for CASE Study challenges blog. Here is her inspirational card for challenge #14:


As you can see I mostly took inspiration from the colour combination (not the same pinks and blues though!) and the polka-dotted background (LOVE my Hero Arts dotted background stamp - I should really pull it out more often!)

To get the soft colours on the hearts and flowers I touched the tip of my colorless blender to the tip of the marker I wanted to take colour from and then applied it to the image. I just retouched the tip whenever the colour ran out.

So that's it from me, but you can see what the rest of the Sentimental Sundays team have created this week at the Sentimental Sundays challenge blog. You have until next Sunday to submit your entry if you decide to play along, and the random winner will receive four individual sets of digital sentiments from Raindrop Echo Designs Whimsy Stamps Digital Collection, and a custom watermark from the Custom Designs at Whimsy Stamps!

Size of card: 5" x 4"

Supplies:
Card/paper - Bazzill cardstock, Kodak matte photo card
Stamp - Bundle of Joy Sentiments set from Whimsy Stamps, Hero Arts dotted background cling stamp
Ink - Versamark, printer
Extra - Pale Pink and Colorless blender Copics, Bic Mark-it, ribbon from American Crafts
Tools - Carl rotary trimmer, foam dots, Pixma printer, scissors


Thanks so much for looking, hope you have a lovely day!

18 comments:

  1. Sweet card and even sweeter sentiment Jess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the subtle dots in the background, and the mix of pink an blue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow. You have clean and simple down to an art! I love this and yes, i plan on casing it! :)

    ♥ Lisa M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess, this is one super sweet card!!! Love your polka dots - I can never resist using them too!
    Thanks so much for joining us on CASE study!
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet CAS card, and perfect sentiment. Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful CAS design! Love that delicate pink and the beautiful ribbon! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE Study challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful card! Love that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to be able to capture such beauty with such a minimalistic approach. I am utterly in awe!!
    HUgs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet and perfect in its simplicity!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice CAS card! Thanks for playing along with the CASE study blog - I'm really happy to be their sponsor this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply beautiful. Love the clean and simple design.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fantastic clean and simple card you made here Jess! Nice soft color palette makes it so appealing! ♥ Amy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this CAS card Jess, super soft colouring and very beautiful sentiment! Thank you for sharing at CASE study this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfectly CAS card! Great job on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at the CASE Study.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sweet, SWEET card, Jess! Such a dreamy colour combo... Thanks for playing with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so SWEET! Fantastic C&S! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study! Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!