I'm currently taking Tim Holtz's current online class (Creative Chemistry 101) which inspired me to pull out the distress inks and have a play with embossed resist. Here's what I came up with:
I white embossed the flourishy stamp from Love Birds onto plain white cardstock which I had already cut into a hoop using circle nestabilities. I blended Stormy Sky and Tumbled Glass distress inks on the surface of the hoop. The white embossing resisted the ink which is such a cool effect.
I had some aqua/teal Kaisercraft ribbon but it wasn't quite in the right shade to match the hoop, so I ran my blending tool preloaded with Tumbled Glass over it to give the colour a nudge in the right direction :)
The sentiment from Fanciful Flowers was stamped on another circle of plain white cardstock with Versafine Onyx Black ink. I then used foam dots to pop up the hoop and more foam dots to pop that up on top of the ribbon which I adhered to the cardbase (after allowing it to dry of course!)
Exciting news to share this week as well - the AnnaBelle Stamps DT have a new addition - Danielle Daws! Danielle has a gorgeous, clean and graphic style and I love every card she makes. I'm sure she will create some jaw-dropping cards with AnnaBelle Stamps!
Be sure to check out the rest of the Belles to get some inspiration for this week's challenge:
That's it for now - have an awesome weekend!
About our challenges:
- We post our challenges every Friday at 12:00pm AEST (AEDT during Daylight Savings).
- Each challenge runs for a week, and will close on the Friday 10.00am so that we can announce and showcase our weekly winners prior to the next challenge.
- Each weeks winner will receive our special blinkie to display on their blog and a $10.00 Gift Voucher to spend in store at AnnaBelle Stamps (or something equivalent).
- Copy and save our challenge banner and include it and a link back to the ABS blog in your post.
- Please link directly to your entry not just to your blog.
- Please don't link to postings made prior to the date of our current challenge. All projects submitted must be new.
- A maximum of 7 challenges may be combined including this one.
- You may enter any of our challenges several times as long as each submission is with a new creation.
- We would love you to use AnnaBelle Stamps and embellishments, but you can play along without using them, it’s all about sharing ideas :)