Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Have a wonderful birthday + free sentiment!

Hello again :) I've got a card to share as well as the sentiment I used which I'm giving away as a freebie. 


To save, right click on the above image and choose 'save target as...'.

Sentiment info:
File type: PNG (can be dropped into MS Word, background is transparent)
File size: 171kb
Full dimensions: 25cm x 11cm
Fonts: I wish I knew! My old computer died and I have yet to reinstall all of my fonts...

All of my free digital sentiments can be found on the "Free Digital Sentiments" tab at the top of every page of this blog, or by clicking here. I'd love to hear from you if you use them! Please leave a comment or drop me a line: jess@lennonforever.net.

 And here is the above sentiment in action:

Have a wonderful birthday (1)

Have a wonderful birthday (2)

 After printing the card (see template below) on white cardstock I used a strip of Mask-It film sheet - a temporary low-tack adhesive plastic - to create an invisible border above and below my sentiment. I then stamped some of the flowers from 'Petals from Scratch' by Fiskars with Black Onyx Versafine ink. After pulling off the masking film I took out Versacolor cubes in Boysenberry, Grape and Raspberry (yummm) and diluted them with a spritz of water on a stamping block and used a paintbrush to colour the flowers. As you can see from the photo above I went for a very loose and watercoloury effect which goes well with the loosely drawn flowers.



It can take a bit of trial and error to get the sentiment placed just right on the cardfront but to make the process even easier I've done the hard part for you by making up a word document with the sentiment already in the right spot and the page dimensions to print a 4x8" (score at 4") card - all you need to do is print it out and stamp/embellish/whatever!
You can download the word document I used for the above card here. Please let me know via comments or email if you have any problems accessing the file.



Thanks again for looking at my cards, and for leaving such lovely comments. :)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful creation and beautiful sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice of you to put together a word document - thanks. Love your sweet card :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to have you back in blogland again!
    Beautiful card, the colours are so pretty and soft and I've always liked this masked design you do ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!