Monday, October 17, 2011

Winter Wishes

Let me preface today's entry by saying that I know it's a little bit weird creating a card with 'Winter Wishes' for the sentiment in spring (down under), and I also acknowledge that creating a card with images of snowflakes on it when I live in a subtropical climate where we never get frost, much less snow, is odd. But I can't help myself -  I love winter and I wish we got snow here :)

I couldn't resist the Textured to Perfection challenge from Moxie Fab World so I created a card using embossed resist! And I had to add a little bling so I'm entering this into the Simon Says Stamp Presents a Bling Challenge from Lily Pad cards.


Winter Wishes (1)

By accident I used matte photo paper that was lurking in my scrap pile for the blue panel with the snowflakes - I have found in the past that embossing powders don't stick to it as the ink seeps in and dries too quickly - a great quality in a photo paper, not so much for embossing! However, this turned out to be a good thing in this instance as the patchy embossing adds to the overall distressed/dreamy effect.

The below image shows the card base itself is embossed as well - with the 'Cornfield' stamp by Docrafts for the V&A Museum quilts exhibition.


Winter Wishes (2)

I clear embossed the snowflakes (Winter's Butterfly - Hero Arts) with Versamark ink and Ultra Fine embossing powder from Hero Arts. Swiped Tumbled Glass distress ink using the direct to paper method and wiped off the excess.


Winter Wishes (3)


Scattered some Kaisercraft rhinestones amongst the snowflakes and affixed the sentiment (from 'Tis the Season by Fiskars) panel using foam dots.

That's it from me, I hope you get a chance to play along with the challenge too - it's so much fun adding texture!

Have a good one!

5 comments:

  1. Really pretty card, the blue pops off my screen here. I would bottle up some snow and send it to you if I could as we will get loads and loads of it here in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definately a happy accident - as this does look SO DREAMY! Hey, if you want snow .. you and I could swap places ... I'd give anything to be subtropical on any day it is -40 with 10 feet of snow to be shovelled before I can get out of my driveway to get to work!! LOL!! In fact it is -4 this morning .. sheesh!! Hey, I tried to send you an email back - I have not received any from you!! If you click on "View my complete profile" on my blog my email is in there....

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a happy accident, Jess! It really gives your background a wonderful texture. Very beautiful winter card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now this card is totally suited to this hemisphere right now, Jess! It's freezin' up here!!!
    Love the texture on this super cool creation :)
    Hugs,
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jess! Thanks for linking this up to the Textured to Perfection challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!