You can either use a background stamp, or if you don't have any of those, just create your own! Even though I have a million and one background stamps I find it more fun to create my own:
I started off with a 3.5"x3.5" white cardbase and stamped one of the stamps from the Garden Silhouettes stamp set with Chateau Gray Versacolor ink. It doesn't show very well in the photo, but I also stamped in the blank spaces with the little three dot stamp from Love Birds using Chateau Gray ink.
The largest flower is from the white petal pack at AnnaBelle Stamps. I coloured the smaller flower (bought years ago, not sure where from) with the Chateau Gray inkpad and set it aside to dry. I made a bow to sit behind the flower using sheer ribbon using one of the methods that Shari Carrol demonstrated in this video for Hero Arts (I need to practice and refine my technique - she makes it look so easy doesn't she?!) The flower was finished off with a button glued with Glossy Accents. I also used Glossy Accents to adhere the flower to the card.
The sentiment panel is a scrap piece of the same white cardstock trimmed to size with a sentiment from the Love Birds set stamped in Versafine Onyx Black ink.
If you want to see more beautiful cards with stamped backgrounds please click on the links below to visit the rest of the DT gals' blogs. You will not be disappointed! :)
That's it from me, take care and have a fantastic weekend!
About our challenges:
- We post our challenges every Friday at 12:00pm AEST (AEDT during Daylight Savings).
- Each challenge runs for a week, and will close on the Friday 10.00am so that we can announce and showcase our weekly winners prior to the next challenge.
- Each weeks winner will receive our special blinkie to display on their blog and a $10.00 Gift Voucher to spend in store at AnnaBelle Stamps (or something equivalent).
- Copy and save our challenge banner and include it and a link back to the ABS blog in your post.
- Please link directly to your entry not just to your blog.
- Please don't link to postings made prior to the date of our current challenge. All projects submitted must be new.
- A maximum of 7 challenges may be combined including this one.
- You may enter any of our challenges several times as long as each submission is with a new creation.
- We would love you to use AnnaBelle Stamps and embellishments, but you can play along without using them, it’s all about sharing ideas :)