Saturday, September 18, 2010

Wishing you everything wonderful + free digital sentiment

Good evening! I've been busy making my entry for the latest Embellish magazine challenge:


Here is my entry:

Wishing you everything wonderful


I had a really hard time paper-piecing all of these leaves... it was painstaking and I think this was the 3rd attempt... if I'd had to start from scratch one more time I think I would have given up in disgust! The main trouble was adhering the little bitty leaves - I used my Tombow mono glue fine applicator for the bigger ones alright, but the glue would ooze out from under the smaller leaves, even though I used barely any. Very annoying! In the end I got a bamboo skewer and applied the glue VERY sparingly to the backs of the leaves with no further tearing out of the hair. Thank goodness!

The sentiment I used is another of my creations which I provide free below, for anyone who wishes to take it! The only thing I ask is that you give me credit and link back to this blog.


To save, right click on the above image and choose 'save target as...'.

Sentiment info:
File type: PNG (can be dropped into MS Word, background is transparent)
File size: 109kb
Full dimensions: 14cm x 8cm
Fonts: Gentium Basic and Windsong


All of my free digital sentiments can be found on the "Free Digital Sentiments" tab at the top of every page of this blog, or by clicking here. I'd love to hear from you if you use them! Please leave a comment or drop me an line: jess@lennonforever.net.

Size of card: 4 3/4" (120cm) square

Supplies:
Card/paper - Quill white cardstock, Epson matte photo paper, Bazzill "Capers", Stampin' Up (not sure what colour - was a sample), Lexel kraft paper
Ink - printer
Extra - Prismacolor pencil "Canary Yellow", Kaisercraft ribbon
Tools - Carl rotary trimmer, Helmar glue runner, Bigshot, Nestabilities (SM and LG circles), scissors, Tombow mono multi liquid glue

8 comments:

  1. I think your effort was totally worth it, this is a beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! The sentiment and font are great.
    I find the best glue for small pieces is the
    Quickie Glue which comes in something like a pen
    with a very fine tip. Only a little glue comes
    out at a time which makes it easier for tiny
    pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful! I'm in love with the simplicity of it. And thanks for offering the sentiment. So generous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a lovely card! Love all your designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so simple and gorgeous - I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you did not give up! Because this card is wonderful! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful card, Jess. Many thanks for the lovely sentiment. It's so generous of you. I've used it on one of my cards and put a link back to your blog x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much! This sentiment is gorgeous, and can fit many occasions. Birthday, wedding, graduation, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!