Saturday, September 25, 2010

We'll Miss You and Good Luck!

I made these cards a few weeks ago for two of my lovely colleagues who left to go on to bigger and better things. Their last day was Friday (*sob*) and they received their cards so now I can post them.

I had to make these big so that everyone could write in them (they're 5" square), and I received quite a few compliments on how pretty the cards were, but I didn't tell many people I made them - I don't like to blow my own trumpet! Pretty silly I know.

So here they are:

We'll miss you


Inside it says:



And here's a close up of the Black spica pen I used to accent the flowers:



Click on it to look at it a bit closer - it looks like gold dust! Pretty hey? :)

Size of card: 5" square

Supplies:
Card/paper - Quill white cardstock, Canson Mi-Teintes in Azure, Cream and Orchid
Stamp - Contemporary Design Elements from Mujka Chic (MyGrafico)
Ink - printer
Extra - "Black" Spica pen
Tools - Carl rotary trimmer, Helmar glue runner, scissors, Tombow mono multi liquid glue


And here is the second card - for a girl who loves green:

Good Luck!


Inside it says:



The second card is completely digital, printed using matte photo card from Kodak. Everything prints so beautifully on it, but it isn't cheap so I save it for special projects :)

Size of card: 5" square

Supplies:
Card/paper - Quill white cardstock, Kodak matte photo card
Ink - printer
Stamps - Stylish Butterflies by Cheri Wenger (MyGrafico), Carolina paper (recoloured) by Lilly Bimble (MyGrafico)
Extra - Kaisercraft rhinestones - light green and silver
Tools - Carl rotary trimmer, Helmar glue runner


That's it from me for now - I hope everyone has a lovely crafty weekend! :)

3 comments:

  1. Two fine cards here, and I would have been one of the people commenting on how lovely they are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, two gorgeous cards! I knew I had to click through and comment when I saw the first beautiful one on Google Reader, but then when I got here and scrolled to the second one....oh, my! That one is such a stunner!!!

    And girl, you best be tooting your own horn!! Especially with fabulous cards like these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful cards! you really should tell people that you made them! nothing wrong with "tooting your own horn"!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!