Friday, June 1, 2012

May your day be a special one + an announcement

I hope everyone is gearing up for an awesome weekend :) This one promises to be rainy for us in Brisbane which is great for the garden so I am not complaining!

I am of course here to share this week's AnnaBelle Stamps challenge with you, however before I do I have an announcement to make - this week's challenge will be my last as a DT Belle for AnnaBelle Stamps. I'm very sad to be leaving the team - all of the Belles are so talented and absolutely the loveliest ladies you could ever hope to meet, but life has been a bit hectic lately and crafting needs to take a backseat for the moment. Thanks so much to Andrea for letting be a part of your awesome team and letting me work with your awesome designs.

I will still be stamping and making cards (I haven't purchased a card in three years and am not about to start) but whether or not I will be blogging remains to be seen. I will be around in cyberspace however if you want to drop me a line :)

So without further ado, here's this week's challenge:


Please note that it is piercing, not piecing. Right Belles? hehe :) This technique (in case you don't know) is where you pierce the paper with a sharp instrument like a pin or a paper piercer (hence the name) to create lines or a pattern. I've gone with a border on my card below:


I used AnnaBelle Stamps white cardstock for the base, Carnation Hero Arts layering paper for the stamping and piercing layer, and butterflies and a sentiment from the All Things Grow set.


I white embossed the sentiment and butterflies and then created the border using a ruler and a paper piercer.

See what paper piercing fun the rest of the Belles had this week:

Marion
Sue K
Therese
Sue W
Andrea
Kylie
Patti
Danielle



Hope you have a lovely weekend :)





About our challenges:

  • We post our challenges every Friday at 12:00pm AEST (AEDT during Daylight Savings).
  • Each challenge runs for a week, and will close on the Friday 10.00am so that we can announce and showcase our weekly winners prior to the next challenge.
  • Each weeks winner will receive our special blinkie to display on their blog and a $10.00 Gift Voucher to spend in store at AnnaBelle Stamps (or something equivalent).
How To Play Along:

  • Copy and save our challenge banner and include it and a link back to the ABS blog in your post.
  • Please link directly to your entry not just to your blog.
  • Please don't link to postings made prior to the date of our current challenge. All projects submitted must be new.
  • A maximum of 7 challenges may be combined including this one.
  • You may enter any of our challenges several times as long as each submission is with a new creation.
  • We would love you to use AnnaBelle Stamps and embellishments, but you can play along without using them, it’s all about sharing ideas :)

8 comments:

  1. It's a sad day for the team, we will miss your gorgeous CAS style and I wish you all the very best for wherever life is leading you. I also look forward to 'seeing' you in cyberspace! Hugs Therese.
    ps you have really gone out with a bang, this card is CAS perfection Jess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess this is so pretty! I love the beautiful layout and the butterflies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Therese, it's a sad day for us all and we will miss you Jess. Your sweet CAS cards are an inspiration. I hope things go well for you and that we will still see your beautiful cards around the blogs!
    I love the simple elegance of todays card, your embossing is perfect! Take care. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess I really love your card...I was going to use those butterflies myself, but didn't in the end. You will be missed...hopefully you will still be around from time to time and show off your beautiful and CAS style. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful Jess! I love the white embossing on pink!
    Thank you for all your beautiful designs since you've been a part of the Belles! Be sure to keep in touch :)
    Hugs,
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one simply beautiful card, Jess! You will be such a lost to the AnnaBelle team and I for one will miss your gorgeous CAS style!
    Wishing you all the very best!

    Hugs,
    Kylie X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another fabulous card again Jess :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jess, I featured your digi stamps posts on my Facebook page by linking to your digi page. I first found your blog through Craft Gossip. Your sentiments are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!