Sunday, November 21, 2010

Thank you from the bottom of my heart

Hi everyone! I've got another Sentimental Sundays challenge for you today - this week's theme is 'Thoroughly Thankful' which can be for Thanksgiving or just to say thanks - it's your choice. Being that we don't celebrate Thanksgiving here in Australia I went with 'Thanks'!




Thankyou from the bottom of my heart


I used the Gratitude digital sentiments set from Whimsy Stamps, and broke out my brand new Ranger ink blending tool to go around the edges with Old Paper distress ink. That tool is just so cool - if you've never used it, seriously, put down that makeup sponge and go buy one, you won't regret it! Because of my newfound love I think there's going to be a lot more distressing from me in the future :)

Just in case you want to know, here's the link to a previous post where I explained how I construct these 'window' type cards with my nestabilities. The only difference with this card was that I didn't pop the upper layer up with any foam dots. This way it'll be good to go in the mail!

So that's it from me, but you can see what the rest of the Sentimental Sundays team have created this week at the Sentimental Sundays challenge blog. You have until next Sunday to submit your entry if you decide to play along, and the random winner will receive four individual sets of digital sentiments from Raindrop Echo Designs Whimsy Stamps Digital Collection, and a custom watermark from the Custom Designs at Whimsy Stamps!

Size of card: 10cm x 15cm (6" x 4")

Supplies:
Card/paper - Recycled cardstock, Devonshire collection from Kaisercraft - Clarabelle
Stamp - Gratitude Sentiments set from Whimsy Stamps
Ink - Old Paper distress ink, printer
Tools - Carl rotary trimmer, Pixma printer, Ranger ink blending tool, Nestabilities labels 8, Bigshot


Thanks so much for looking, hope you have a lovely day!

10 comments:

  1. YAY, welcome to the world of distressing Jess - you will never go back now! Lovely CAS card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see more distressing! Lovely card. I'm showcasing one card on Thursday that features a beautiful flower that you sent me, hope you can stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, very nice. Love that window technique, I'm gonna have to CASE that for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey jess this simply rocks!! I love clean and simple but i can never do it but you have made it look soooo gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jess! Another cute card you made this week! Love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally smooth and simple so pleasing to the eye.
    Hugs Shirley x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty CAS card, and I do like how you did that window, I will be trying that out myself. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great CAS card. Perfect sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Back again to say thank you for providing the link on this post, I used it in my card today!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!