Sunday, October 31, 2010

Just for you

How exciting! This is my first post as part of the Sentimental Sundays design team. This week's theme is Birthdays, and I have a card to show you that would be a great birthday card for a guy!




I used the 'Just for you' sentiment from the Garden Bun Bun Fairy digital set by Raindrop Echo Designs which is available at Whimsy Stamps.

I paired it with patterned paper by my favourite company - Kaisercraft - from my rather large stash that I should use far more often than I do. The collection of papers is 'Thrill Seeker' and the paper I used is 'Discover'. The whole collection of papers are available from Scrapping Essentials at half price!

I'm sharing a picture of how I construct these cards so that you don't think I print directly onto the card front... how fiddly would that be? I cheat! See the picture below for the evidence of my crime:

(sorry about the PJs but this is how I do my best work ;))

So as you can hopefully see, I have my card front (blank), the sentiment printed and cut out just larger than the circle (I print a bunch off at once to save time and paper and I have a little file I keep my cutouts in to use later). I die cut the circle using my bigshot and nestabilities, and wrapped some natural raffia on the left hand side to give the card some interest.
To line everything up when adhering I cover the back of the top layer with foam dots (I cut mine in half to save using so many) including quite close to the circle to prop it up nicely. I stick the sentiment on first and adjust it so that it's centred under the circle (trimming off any excess from the sentiment layer that pokes out the sides) and  then stick the whole thing down to the cardfront.

Hope that made enough sense! I should have taken some photos of other steps in the process so that you don't have to rely on my below-par explanations! Just let me know if you have any questions?

Don't forget to check out what the rest of the Sentimental Sunday design team have been up to!

Size of card: 4" square

Supplies:
Card/paper - Quill white cardstock, Recycled brown cardstock, 'Discover' from the Thrill Seeker collection by Kaisercraft
Stamp - Garden Bun Bun Fairy set from Whimsy Stamps
Ink - printer
Extra - Natural raffia from bargain shop
Tools - Carl rotary trimmer, Helmar glue runner, foam dots, Pixma printer, Bigshot, Circle nestability

Take care! 

3 comments:

  1. Very nice card. Thanks for sharing tip above. I will have to try this. I really like clean and simple cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this CAS card! Thank you for showing us how to make it. Love how you did the twine.

    Welcome to the team!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow so cool, such a neat design:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!