Friday, October 29, 2010

Happy Birthday

MyGrafico challenge #72 wants everyone to add some sparkle - so I did!


Happy Birthday (1)


The sparkle is actually not at all noticeable in the above photo, so how about another one?


Happy Birthday (2)

Can you see it? The flower on the bottom left corner shows it the best. I love the subtleness of the spica atyou pen, but hate the unphotogenic-ness of it. This was the best photo of the sparkle I took... the hit and miss method I used was constantly tilting and angling it around, trying to find the sparkle and taking a shot every now and then. I used naked light [a cool daylight energy saver bulb from my lamp], don't try doing it from inside a light tent - trust me, it's a lesson in futility!
The flowers are my old favourites from MyGrafico - from the Contemporary Design Elements set by Mujka Chic. I didn't use a proper sentiment on this one - it's just printed directly from typing it out in word.

I coloured the flowers using my Prismacolor pencils as well as a blending stump dipped in baby oil. I've just recently bought some Zest-it which is an actual artist's blending solvent made from oranges (I think!) that isn't toxic and has a nice citrusy odour - it blends SO much better than the baby oil - I'll show a card that I've used it on soon!

Size of card: 4" square

Supplies:
Card/paper - Quill white cardstock
Stamp - Contemporary Design Elements from Mujka Chic (MyGrafico)
Ink - printer
Extra - Prismacolor pencils in Lilac and Lavender, blending stump, baby oil
Tools - Carl rotary trimmer, Helmar glue runner, scissors, Pixma printer

Challenge: MyGrafico #72


Thanks for looking, and I hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

8 comments:

  1. oh Jess, this is such a fresh and clean looking card! I love the slight sparkle and the color is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those purple flowers and touch of glitter. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! I reminds me of the flowers in my sister's wedding, and they were just beautiful too! And by the way, thank you so much for the lovely flowers too! They arrived yesterday, can't wait to put them to use.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flower birthday card is absolutely gorgeous! Great design and execution! I am one of the artists on Squigglefly...I'd love to see what you could do with my Christmas Montage! Go down under!
    rich davis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jess! Your card is very pretty - soft & sparkly! Thanks for playing in a MyGrafico challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this card! It is so elegant =)

    Thanks for playing at MG this week.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card , I see the sparkle! LOL I know it can be hard to capture the sparkle some times... Thanks for joining us at MyGrafico Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!