Saturday, September 24, 2011

Thanks

Happy Friday to you! I haven't been near my craft desk all week, so it was great to just sit down and play the time away, a luxury I don't normally get on a weeknight because usually it's a case of having dinner, then a shower, then going to bed!

So anyway, on with the card as that's why you're really here, right? :)

This week's Wee Memories challenge is to NOT use patterned paper. I'm kind of patterned-papered-out after the last card I made, so this was great timing!


Thanks (1)


I've been taking Jennifer McGuire's Technique Showcase, an online card class - which is full of so many techniques that I'm going to try out in the weeks to come. The flower on this card wasn't made using of the techniques from the class, but I felt inspired by the class to experiment and see what happened!


Thanks (2)

For the flower ("Flowers" cling set by Hero Arts) I used watercolour cardstock with Turquoise Versacolor (pigment ink). After cleaning the ink off the stamp with a baby wipe I used the ink as a colour wash by swiping the baby wipe across the stamped image.

The background was created by painting the teeny tiny flower stamp from the 'Just wanted to say" set by Hero Arts with some "Heavenly" Twinkling H20s and stamping it randomly around a piece of watercolour cardstock.


Thanks (3)


I painted the flowers with "Heavenly" Twinkling H2Os and glued the flower together using glue dots. The sentiment is from the "Just wanted to say" set by Hero Arts.

Here's one more picture to show the shimmer:


Thanks (4)

Well that's it from me, I'm beat! I hope everyone has a lovely and relaxing weekend - I know I will be!

4 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful!!!Thanks for playing along with us at Wee Memories!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the shimmer!! and colors too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, Jess! Thanks for playing along with us at Wee Memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the soft touch of colour! Would love if you could email me :)
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!