These were actually found buttons in my stash of the ones that come with a new item of clothing. I'm sure everyone has a pile of these... and maybe I'm alone here, but I've never needed to use one - ever. Maybe I'm lucky, or maybe less rough with my clothes, who knows :)
I used double sided sticky tape to adhere the floss to the back of the button, and then just looped it several times to make it look like a flower. I adhered the twirly bits of the tail ends with a glue stick to make them sit more or less flat, and tucked them under the top layer and added a bit of double sided tape to make them stay put.
I also combined two ink colours to make the sentiment pinky-red by inking up my stamp once with "Scarlet" and again with "Raspberry" and then putting it to the paper.
I used my Carl corner rounder (I believe it's the medium one) to make the edges on the sentiment. It was a bit of trial and error though - I must figure out a more efficient way of doing it. When I do you'll be the first to know!
Size of card: 4" square
Card/paper - Lexel "Sandstone" card and paper, Quill paper
Stamp - Hero Arts "Classic Messages"
Ink - Versacolor "Scarlet" and "Raspberry"
Extras - Found buttons, Sullivans embroidery floss
Tools - Fiskars paper trimmer, Scotch double-sided tape, Bostik glue stick, Carl corner rounder
Thanks for visiting!