Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Congratulations

I was asked by a friend to make a card for her friend who had gotten married and then quickly after had a baby, so the card had to combine the two.

Well I was a bit stumped and spent basically all of this past weekend thinking about it. I was online looking at digital stamps for more hours than I care to admit, but I eventually came up with the following card which was inspired by this week's Card Positioning Systems sketch:


Congratulations


I printed the cake twice - once on the "Pink" paper, and once on the "Natural" paper. I left off the cake stand and swirls for the top layer as I knew that there was no way I could cut those out neatly and positioned it on the pink layer that I had already punched out. The onesie was very easy to cut out so I didn't bother with printing it twice, I just adhered it straight onto the pink layer.

Size of card: A5 folded in half

Supplies:
Card/paper - Quill white cardstock, Canson Vivaldi textured paper in "Natural" and "Pink"
Stamp - Squiggle Stamps "Wedding Cake", Onesie in Tainted Sweets "Baby Stamps" set
Extra - Wendy Irving Expressions rubon, Copic Ciao marker in "Pale Pink"
Tools - Fiskars paper trimmer, Helmar glue tape, bone folder (for rubon), Carl circle punch, Cre8tive spring scissors

Challenge: CPS171


Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

  1. Wow love the simple design! gorgeous:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talk about a celebration! This sweet little card captures the two wonderfully....love those sweet images you used! Awesome job with CPS 171...thanks for playing!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! Amazing layout, amazing colors and so inspired to create one of these for myself. Wonderful way to capture two meaningful things in one card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great CAS card! Thanks for stopping by my blog for the High Hopes blog hop!! Did you hear? High Hopes is having another hop and release on friday...this time with another new artist...Melissa Jenkins of Meljen designs! Her illustrations are now in rubber stamps through High Hopes!!
    ~Lacey
    www.stampandcreate.com
    High Hopes DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a pretty card, great job combining the two wonderful celebrations! it sure would have left me stumped. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!