Thursday, June 10, 2010

You're so special

Hello again! Another challenge card from me (I rarely do anything else - they really get my creative juices flowing!)

Today's card is based on this week's Card Positioning Systems sketch below:



And here's what I made:

You're so special
(click on the image to see it closer up)


I always wanted this to be a masculine(ish) card, and knew I wanted to make it blue, but I tried about a dozen complicated variations with layers, stamped backgrounds and whatnot until I decided to just K.I.S.S (Keep It Simple Stupid)! I'm sure Susan would be proud of me ;)

I used a bit of scissor-distressing on the edges of the sentiment layer to man it up a bit. The scallop does turn the manliness down a notch or two, don't you think?

Size of card: 4"x6" (postcard-style)

Supplies:
Card/paper - Quill white cardstock, Grant Archival plain paper, Studio B "Boy o Boy" paper pad
Stamp - Hero Arts "Truly Appreciated" (CL380)
Ink - Versacolor "Atlantic"
Tools - Fiskars paper trimmer, Scissors, Renoir tape runner,

Challenge: CPS170


Thanks for looking!

I'd also like to thank everyone for all the lovely comments that they have been leaving on my blog and on my flickr photostream - reading them is the high point of my day :)

2 comments:

  1. Love this! great choice of colour and i reckon its better to keep them simple when the recipient from the opposite sex! great card xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! Love the clean lines and colors! Thanks for using CPS 170 this week!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!