Sunday, June 20, 2010

Thinking of you

This card is my entry in to this week's One Layer Wednesday challenge by Simplicity.

This week's challenge is to use a flourish in some way. I have a couple of flourish stamps but they didn't speak to me at all (don't you hate that?!) until I just decided to lay down some ink on one and see where it took me. This card is the result:

Thinking of You


I didn't like it when I first stamped it - I actually threw it into the scrap pile, but I had a change of heart and decided to round the corners to see if that made an improvement and it did! I am not one for rounding corners of cards (but I love the look!) so this is a bit different for me.

Oh and I also added a bit of bling to the centers of the flowers with my clear Spica pen.

Size of card: 4" square

Supplies:
Card/paper - Quill white cardstock
Stamp - Scroll Frames by Hero Arts (CL283)
Ink - Versafine "Black Onyx", Versacolor "Boysenberry"
Extra - Spica Pen (clear)
Tools - Fiskars paper trimmer,

Challenge: OLW#9


Thanks for looking, and I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend!

8 comments:

  1. I like the purple on the white.. very crisp and clean. Recently saw the Spica pen at a craft show down this way, they were all out of clear but I can imagine how much I would use it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic composition. Wonderful color choices. And wise decision to round the corners, I think it mimics the shape of the flourish. Glad you decided to stick with the card and make that small change, it is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cards with rounded corners and think this card is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, perfectly CAS card! Great colours and I love the rounded corners!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfectly balanced...great colors...and the corner rounding is a great look. I've been doing that some myself lately.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful experiment. It turned out so lovely and it's amazing how rounded corners can change things!! Love the pop of pink of white. Beautiful Jess. Thinking of you too =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful card! So simple, yet so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SUPER! Can't tell you how many times I've done the same thing and rethought a card that at first wasn't pleasing to me. We're so hard on ourselves and we don't deserve that!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!