Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Birthday Wishes

This is the second card I have made this week using trains! It's for a little boy turning three this week. I hope he likes it.

I was inspired by the CAS-tastic Challenge sketch this week:



And here's my interpretation:

Birthday Wishes


As you can see I did deviate a bit but sometimes you've got to go where inspiration takes you (at least that's what I reckon!)

And here's the inside view:

Birthday Wishes - inside view


I don't usually like showing ribbon when someone opens the card, but for this card to work the way I wanted (by having a hole to show the train engine) I was going to have to bite the bullet, this once.

To get the circle where I wanted it, I used my new Big Shot and Circle nestabilities (I think it was the 3rd smallest circle in the SM pack). I held the closed card up to the window where the light was shining in so that I could get the circle right where I wanted it.
I then marked the inside edge of the nestability with my pencil, which made it easier to position it while stacking up my Big Shot 'sandwich'.

I do recommend using scrap bits of the same paper/card you will be using in your project to give the sandwich a test run first and adjust where needed - especially when cutting cardstock - as sometimes I forget and I end up with slightly embossed edges... oops!

Size of card: BIG - again! 6" x 4 1/4"

Supplies:
Card/paper - Quill white cardstock, Canson Messages, Bazzil cardstock
Stamp - Cupcake Cuties "Boy Toy Elements" digital stamp
Ink - Printer
Extra - Ribbon
Tools - Fiskars paper trimmer, Cre8tive spring scissors, Zig 2-way glue, Helmar tape runner, Big Shot, Nestabilities Circles (SM)

Challenge: CWC010


Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Great card, love your take on showcasing the negative! Fun colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful ... love it!

    Thanks so much for joining us in this week's CAS-tastic Wednesday Clean and Simple Sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!