Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Birthday Wishes

The card in this post was originally intended to be a one-layer number that I spent half of "Sleepy Hollow" and some of "Braveheart" colouring in (yeah yeah, I'm slow).

True to my word in this post I masked the design, then stamped the sentiment, and THEN coloured, but alas I stamped the sentiment kind of crooked. I was all set for chucking it on the scrap pile but I stopped and thought it wasn't often that I got the masking pretty much spot on (trust me, I've wasted enough cardstock within the past week to know to take the good when I can get it!)

So I saved it from the darkness of my scrap drawer and came up with the following:

Birthday Wishes


I tried the reverse 'label' trick I saw on the Hero Arts flickr pool (I really should jot down usernames or something when I do this so that I can give proper credit!) actually I think I left a comment... here it is: butterfly thank you by Lucy Abram.

It took simply ages to find the right sentiment - everything was either too long or too short, too skinny or too tall. In the end I decided to put a small one in the corner and balance it out with ribbon, and when that didn't 'complete' the card I whacked on some rhinestones.

I'm still not completely sure about it - it's not really my usual style... would anyone out there care to give me some feedback?

Size of card: 4" square

Supplies:
Card/paper - Quill white cardstock, Cre8tive textured cardstock
Stamp - Inkadinkado "Garden Flower" sentiment, Inkadinkado "Flourishes"
Ink - Versafine "Onyx Black"
Extra - Ribbon, Kaisercraft "Antique Rose", Prismacolor pencils "Pink", "Pink Rose", "Grass Green" and "Apple Green"
Tools - Fiskars paper trimmer, Helmar tape runner, Big Shot, Nestabilities Labels 1


Thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. What a great save! This card is beautiful, I really like how you chose the pink as the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not really a pink type of girl but this soft pink and the pop of green looks fab. Love the bits of bling around the corners too. All good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the rose background!and the reverse technique! and its great that you saved a ruined piece rather than throw it away,and make something new.. I did that recently with an inked background and turned the extra bits in to bookmarks..
    Yay!! for all green girls:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!