I punched out the roses using my supposed 1.5" square punch which, in actual fact, is 1" square... someone sure screwed up in the punch factory that day!
I don't know how it happened, but when I stamped on my scratch paper my sentiment stamped fine... and then when I stamped on the card the bottom of the s of 'wishes' and most of the 'w' were paler than the rest of the sentiment. It looked weird the way that it was, so I got out the plain ol' black sharpie and filled in the gaps. It looks a little strange, but better than it did.
Digital stamp tip: I print all of my pictures out on ordinary A4 copy paper and then use a photocopier to get them onto the paper I want, in this case my Monte Marte sketch pad. I've found this paper deals really well with watercolouring so I use it often. The toner won't smudge or smear when wet like my inkjet printer does.
I don't throw away the pages I use to copy from - I use them again and again. It saves trees as well as time!
Size of card: C6 (A5 folded in half)
Card/Paper - Quill cardstock, Optix paper "Tula Pink", Monte Marte sketch pad
Ink - Versafine "Black Onyx", Toner
Stamp - "Roses and Posies" Stamps by Sarah Paris, Kaisercraft sentiment
Embellishments - watercolours, Victoria Spencer ribbon
Tools - Fiskars paper trimmer, Zig H20 pen, Bostik glue tape, Sullivan's 1.5" punch (which is actually 1")
Challenges: CPS#164 and MyGrafico #46 'Punch out Crime'