Friday, May 21, 2010

Best Wishes

This was one of those cards that went through about a million different looks before I hit upon one that actually worked! It wasn't originally supposed to follow this week's Cardpattern's sketch but somehow it went in that direction and I just ran with it!

Best Wishes


And here's the sketch:



I embossed the sentiment first, using clear embossing powder with black ink, and then stamped around and over it, rubbing off the excess ink from the embossed parts when I felt it was dry enough (though Versacolor does take a while to dry... hence why it's a good embossing ink!)

I'm pretty happy with how this turned out, even though it was completely unplanned.

Size of card: C6 (A5 folded in half)

Supplies:
Card/paper - Quill white cardstock
Ink - Versacolor "Cement", Versamagic "Midnight Black"
Stamps - Kaisercraft "Lilac Avenue", Kaisercraft sentiment
Extras - ribbon
Tools - Fiskars paper trimmer, Renoir glue runner, Carl corner rounder, Fiskars scallop punch, Hero Arts Ultra Fine embossing powder (clear)


Challenge: Cardpatterns Sketch #64

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous - always admire people who can make a white card (I always get them dirty before I get done!) Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE love love this! So simple and elegant. The b&w combo is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this!! Its so elegant and pretty-super great job! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!