Monday, May 24, 2010

Just Saying Hello

Another One Layer Wednesday challenge card from Simplicity today. This time the challenge was to make a one layer card with a faux embellishment (as in, a stamp masquerading as a button or in my card, stitching).

Here's what I came up with:

Just Saying Hello


I used a bit of tissue paper and some removable adhesive to mask the bottom of the tree to make the stitching look more like grass.

Size of card: 4" x 5 1/2" (top folding)

Supplies:
Card/paper - Quill white cardstock
Stamps - Inque Boutique "Memoirs" collection, Papercraft border, Hero Arts "Classic Messages"
Ink - Versacolor "Pinecone" and "Olive"
Tools - Fiskars paper trimmer, Marbig poster tack, tissue paper, Cre8tive spring scissors

Challenge: OLW#5

5 comments:

  1. oooo, love it. So much clean space yet perfectly balanced. I love the use of the ric rac border. Hev:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you used the zig zag stitching for grass!! Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool - I love a tree on a card and the colour combination here is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the stitched grass! And your simple, balanced design is CAS at its best. BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!