Sunday, May 30, 2010

Birthday Wishes

The card in today's post took me hours, as I had a specific card in mind (that followed this week's Card Positioning Systems sketch) but as is often the case, it took a different turn. Consequently I have about 10 other cutout flowers that I didn't end up using but should be able to use for something else.

This is how I spend my Saturdays people! Cutting out teeny tiny things that I don't end up using!

Here's the sketch:



And without further ado, here's my card:

Birthday Wishes
(Click on image to see it closer up)


I sponged the pink layer with white versacolor ink, then distressed it slightly using my scissors. I adhered the ribbon to the back, letting just a narrow strip of it show, and then glued on the flowers. I cut off the leaves of the top layer flowers and popped them up using foam tape.

The sentiment is actually two stamps from different companies - I like the mix of fonts, it keeps a sentiment interesting, and since they're separate words it's easier to ink up in different colours!

Size of card: 4" x 6" (top folding)

Supplies:
Card/paper - Quill white cardstock, Canson textured paper
Stamps - lil ellaboudy "Hand Drawn Floral Stamps", Kaisercraft "Birthday" and Inkadinkado "wishes" sentiments
Ink - Versacolor "Ash Rose" and "White", Versafine "Onyx Black"
Extras - Bic Mark-it in "Margarita Green", ribbon in "Dusty Pink"
Tools - Fiskars paper trimmer, Cre8tive spring scissors, foam tape, Renoir tape runner

Challenge: CPS#168


Thanks so much for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!