Saturday, May 15, 2010

Birthday Wishes with butterflies

I made this card for One Layer Wednesday #4 by Simplicity the challenge being to create a one-layer card with a ribbon. So here is my take:

Birthday Wishes


I picked out the ribbon first and then chose my ink colours to try to keep everything looking clean and simple.

Size of card: 6" x 4" (top folding)

Supplies:
Card/paper - Quill cardstock
Stamps - Inkadinkado
Ink - Versacolor "Ash Rose" and "Misty Mauve"
Extras - American Crafts ribbon
Tools - Fiskars paper trimmer, Renoir glue runner

Challenge: OLW #4

9 comments:

  1. Love love butterflies...Love how the muted colors bring the whole card together..fabulous..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, the butterfly color and placement are perfect...such a soft card yet it still had high impact. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love the colours and the way you placed the butterflies... so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card. Everything is beautiful done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is soooo beautiful! love the subtly stamped butterflies...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, it reminds me of a letterpress card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple, subtle yet BIG impact ~ perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!