Sunday, August 1, 2010

Digital Sentiment - Birthdays and stardust

I love digital stamps - almost as much as clear stamps. I have a growing collection of both as I am constantly on the lookout for the perfect sentiment, or cute image to have a go at colouring in.

I recently tried my hand at creating my own digital sentiments after admiring Raindrop Echo Designs' work on Whimsy Stamps and Create with TLC's treasure trove of digital sentiments.

When choosing my fonts I keep in mind that I might want to sell the cards I make with the sentiments and I don't want to accidentally violate any terms of use, so I checked out Font Squirrel which has free commercial-use fonts from around the web in one easy spot.

And without further ado, here is my first effort:


If you like it, take it! Just click on the image and "Save target as..." to your hard drive. Feel free to do anything you like with the sentiment, just let me know if you do take it and show me what you've made because I'd love to see!

Sentiment info:
File type: PNG (can be dropped into MS Word, background is transparent)
File size: 443kb
Full dimensions: 35cm x 22cm
Fonts used: Angelina, Gentium Basic


Here's the card I made using this sentiment:

Birthdays are ordinary days sprinkled with stardust


You can't see it in this photo but I dotted the middle of each star with my spica pen to make it sparkle (like stardust!)

Size of card: 4" square

Supplies:
Card/paper - Quill white cardstock, Kaisercraft Wish Upon "Shine" 12x12 paper
Stamp - Digital sentiment created by me (see above!)
Ink - Printer 
Tools - Fiskars paper trimmer, Canon Pixma printer, Spellbinders Circles and Big Scallops, Big Shot, Clear Spica pen, Snow sanding block, Helmar tape runner, foam mounting tape

8 comments:

  1. Hi Jess! I just saved your darling sentiment :) I've never worked with digi's before-a little intimidated! I was just playing with it in a word file and its soooo easy (and fun!) to make it bigger or smaller! Yay! I'll let you know when I have a chance to play further and actually do something with it! I think I have an idea...now to find the time ;) Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fantastic Michele! Definitely show me what you make, I can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely sentiment and lovely card. It is rather fun to be able to create something missing in the stamping world, isn't it? Great blog change as well, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice quote...thanks, and lovely card...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a wonderful sentiment and love how you showcased it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I'll definitely have a play with this gorgeous sentiment! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hiya, thank you so much for the freebie, I will use it to create crafting sheets on craftsuprint.com

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!