Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Welcome Kitty

My supervisor at work just adopted a young cat from the local RSPCA shelter and since my cats have a zillion toys that they've never used I thought I'd give some to her [well the kitty really] as a little present. And you can't give a present without a card, right?

So here we are:

Welcome Kitty


I love the colours and the theme for this month's Embellish Magazine challenge - Quirky, Cutesy, Clean Style, so I just had to use them for this cutesy card. I used brown as my additional neutral colour, as when I printed the sentiment and kitty in black it just looked far too stark against the softish pastels of the rest of the card.

I had to print the sentiment out in Word as for some strange reason nobody's made a 'Welcome Kitty' stamp yet (can you believe it?) and the kitty is a gorgeous digital stamp from Softpencil. This one to be exact. I cut him out and popped him up on some foam dots. The way he's positioned is kind of like he's popping up to say hello! Very cute :)

Size of card: 4" square

Supplies:
Card/paper - Kraft cardstock, Kaisercraft Secret Bird Society 6x6 paper pad [seafoam scallop strip], Chatterbox designer paper [peach layer], "Lily" Canson Mi-Teintes [for kitty and sentiment layer]
Stamps - "Be Mine" digital stamp from Softpencil
Ink - Printer, "Peach" copic ciao marker [for ears]
Tools - Carl rotary trimmer, Tonic scissors, Canon Pixma printer, Helmar tape runner, Papercraft foam dots, Fiskars scallop punch


Challenges: Embellish Magazine - Quirky, Cutesy, Clean style / Stamp Something - August Digi Day

4 comments:

  1. Very cute indeed! So smitten with your CAS style, your cards blow me away every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable and so clean! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect card for your supervisor! I love the sweet simplicity!! Thanks for playing along with us at Embellish! Hugs from Denmark!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My Cuteness!!

    Thanks for playin'!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!