Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Scrapping Essentials Designer Pack - Frangipanis - Card #1

I was so lucky this time to have three gorgeous packs to play with from http://www.scrappingessentials.com.au/">Scrapping Essentials! I made three cards with this final pack which I have dubbed 'Frangipanis'.

Here are the goodies:


The pack includes Bazzill Bling (cardstock with a lovely pearly/metallic shine), 1 A4 sheet of Frangipani vellum, 1 foot each of white and yellow grosgrain ribbon, a vellum tag and 1 pack of gold kaisercraft rhinestones. I also used the silver kaisercraft rhinestones from the His and Hers designer pack, along with Birthday Cards rubons.

The first card I made was this one:

Just Because...


The pattern on this vellum is perfect for the dreaded vellum tape, as it's quite busy, so it distracts from any adhesive that might be visible. As mentioned in my previous posts about vellum tape - I used it only in the corners to save much frustration. You just have to be careful when handling it afterwards not to get it snagged on anything - the white marks that occur when vellum is creased aren't very attractive.

Size of card: C6 - A5 folded in half

Supplies:
Card/paper - Bazzill Bling cardstock, Frangipani A4 vellum
Extras - Kaisercraft Birthday Cards rubon
Tools - Fiskars paper trimmer, Helmar glue runner, Provocraft bone folder (for rubon), Scotch Vellum Tape


Thanks for looking! Stay tuned for card #2 tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. This is so GORGEOUS!!! I love frangipani, they are in abundance over here in the tropics, and are commonly reffered to as 'temple flowers' since they are taken to the temple as offerings to the gods by Buhhists..

    Btw, whats the type of vellum tape you use? I need some:-) dont know which one to get...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Jess! The frangipani vellum is beautiful - love the colours and dreamy look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Michelle - you may or may not read this, but I thought I'd answer anyway. Thanks for your compliment! I love frangipanis as well, as they grow so well up here in the subtropics of Queensland - they're everywhere! I have one in my backyard that was just a twig when I first got it. Now it's about a metre tall ;)

    To answer your question, I've got 3M Scotch Vellum Tape which should be available at most scrapbooking shops I would imagine. If you do get it let me know how you get on... I'd love to know about your experiences with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!