Saturday, August 7, 2010

Thank You

I got stuck into making 'Thank You' cards this weekend because I have none! I seem to be making birthday cards more than anything these days so it's good to do something a little bit different.

This is for the Helping Hudson Challenge No. 3: Technique. I urge you to visit the blog and try your hand at the challenges - it's all for a very good cause.

The technique is 'rock and roll' - inking up the stamp all over in a light colour and then rolling around the edges with a darker colour. I love the combination of Versacolor "Misty Mauve" and "Ash Rose" which I used for this card so I decided to use it again here:

Thank You


I didn't 'roll' so much as 'dob' (my new favourite word) on the darker ink ("Ash Rose") and I only did it on the wings. Some more than others, as you can probably tell. It did the job though!

I also cracked out my brand new Mask It Film Sheets from Make it Crafty (Aussie online store) to mask off the bottom and the top, instead of using post-its. The beauty of using this material (well actually there are a couple of beauties) is that it can be cleaned after use, which is exactly what I want - I hate waste! Another beauty is that the ink will never saturate through because it's plastic. A while ago I was experimenting with different masking materials and used tissue paper - um never do that - just a little tip from me to you.

The only thing I think that could be a bad thing when using the film to mask in this way is that the plastic combined with wet ink can make for a bit of a slippery surface. Just be mindful of this and exercise caution when stamping mostly on the masked parts. Luckily the one-layer gods were looking down on me when I was making this card and I didn't fudge any of it. Hallelujah!

Size of card: 4" square

Supplies:
Card/paper - Quill white cardstock
Stamps - Stampendous "Flower Chat" [sentiment], Inkadinkado "Garden Flowers" [dragonfly]
Ink - Versacolor "Misty Mauve and "Ash Rose", Versafine "Black Onyx"
Extra - Kaisercraft ribbon
Tools - Fiskars paper trimmer, Snow sanding block, Stampin' Up mini glue dot, Mask It Film

Challenge: Helping Hudson Challenge No.3


Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!