Friday, August 20, 2010

A little birdie told us...

I can finally share the photo I made for my little niece Emily for her christening last Sunday. We weren't able to go to the ceremony we had to send it up. They received it on Wednesday and I could have posted about it then but I've been so busy blogging about other things I completely forgot about it!

So here it is:

A little birdie told us...


Here's a view of the inside:

A little birdie told us (inside)


It is supremely difficult to find a christening sentiment that isn't religious [due to the nature of the event, I would imagine] so I came up with my own.

I used all digital elements, except for the patterned paper, it's real Inque Boutique and Kaisercraft patterned paper (I haven't crossed over to 100% digital paper yet - I still have a truckload of it that I probably should use up first!)

Size of card: C6 (A5 folded in half)

Supplies:
Card/paper - Stampin' Up "Very Vanilla" cardstock, Kaisercraft "Hey Birdie" patterned paper, Inque Boutique "Isn't it Romantic" patterned paper
Stamps - Chatter Birds by JW Illustrations on MyGrafico
Ink - Printer
Tools - Fiskars paper trimmer, Tonic scissors, Canon Pixma printer, Helmar tape runner, Papercraft foam dots, Fiskars scallop punch, 3mm punch

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute and sweet Jess! Great design and love the pretty pp birds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great Christening card! I love the sentiment. I find it hard to find good sentiments for that also and often just make up my own! :>

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm.. we made the decision not to get a printer when we upgraded the computer 3 years ago (trying to make up for all the pages printed while writing up my thesis!). This is the first time that I have semi-contemplated going out to get one again.. for the ability to do sentiments in something other than my handwriting!

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!