Friday, August 13, 2010

New Pad

I made this card for a friend's friend who recently moved in with his girlfriend. I really struggle with masculine cards but this colour combination (to follow the Helping Hudson colour challenge for this week) made it easy. I also made it to follow the sketch for Helping Hudson (time was not on my side this past week, so I had to economise!)

If you haven't been to Helping Hudson yet, have a go at the challenges - even if you aren't an Australian resident you can still play along, and if you win something you can nominate an Australian address for Stampin' Up to send the goodies to.

So here's the card:

New Pad


The centre circle is made up of a digital stamp I bought from Create with TLC which is my source of digital inspiration these days. I resized it in PSPX2 and lightened it so that it wouldn't print too dark. I carefully positioned my circle nestability to cut it so that it was perfectly centred and used magic tape to hold it in place while I ran it through my BigShot.

I popped up the top layer with foam dots to give it a bit of a lift.

Size of card: 4" square

Supplies:
Card/paper - Quill white cardstock, Canson textured messages in Brown and Cream, Blue Optix paper
Stamps - Create with TLC "New Home"
Ink - Printer ink
Tools - Fiskars paper trimmer, LG & SM Circle Nestabilities, BigShot, Papercraft foam dots, magic tape


Challenges: Helping Hudson - Colour challenge No.4 / Helping Hudson - Sketch Challenge No.5

1 comment:

Thankyou for taking the time to leave a comment, I appreciate each and every one I receive!